Minutes of the Meeting of Clifford Parish Council held in Clifford Community Centre on Thursday September 13th 2012 7.30 p.m.
Christine Bates (Clerk) Candia Compton (Chairman)
Margaret Davies David Morgan
Anthony Williams David Penrose
1) Apologies: Martin Preece, Will Bullough ,John Neville, Phillip Price (County Councillor)
2) Declaration of Interests – None
3) Approval of Minutes of the Council meeting dated July 12th 2012
All agreed to be a true record of the meeting and signed by the Chairman
Katie Middleton from the Golden Valley & Hereford Rural South Local Policing Team, gave a brief talk on local crime, she reported a quantity of red diesel stolen from a tractor in Clifford. Katie asked members of the public if they would like to be included on the Police updates, they just need to send their email details. Contact details below
Golden Valley & Hereford Rural South Local Policing Teams
PC 2176 Wendy Powell 07811 131525
CSO 6173 Fiona Witcher 07779 141232
CSO 6366 James Cooke 07779 141223
CSO 6482 Katie Middleton 07779 141223
E-mail – firstname.lastname@example.org
Non emergency number 101
Presentation of proposed Planning Application– Change of use llanycoed From Owners Paul and Kesri, (detailed presentation attached) conversions of redundant farm buildings to Rural Venue and onsite Accommodation. After Presentation Chairman opened Meeting for Questions firstly from Councillors , then questions from the members of public.
Questions focused round concern on Access, traffic, noise, water and effect on the countryside plants and wildlife. Summary of the responses given from Paul and Kesri
:-No additional build all refurbishments of original stone buildings for this project. New agricultural barn needed for livestock.
:- Geo domes only up for summer.
:- Public house for functions only.
:-60-100 people for weddings, parking for 15 cars on site. Investigations on park and ride scheme
:- Bore Hole for water if successful planning application
:- Curfew of midnight on noise and restriction on lights
4) Casual Vacancy Clifford Parish Council – Welcome to Billie, newly co-opted Parish Councillor, John Neville has accepted PROW position, Clerk to contact Bill Wood to pass on Parish Maps to John Neville. The second casual vacancy advertised, Clerk had received interest from Karen Dowell, who had attended interview, Antony Proposed that the Council co-opt Karen Dowell onto Council, this was seconded by David Morgan. Clerk to notify Karen. Dates of meeting
November 8th January 10th March 14th and May 9th
5) Finance Council approved payment of:
,Martin Leighton – Lengthsman .
6). Reporting Information:-
Highways – Potholes in Middlewood need re filling.
Clerk to report to Amey Still awaiting work on:-
Pot holes reported in Priory Road and Middlewood U75215, Priory wood U75207 , Green Farm C1182, B4350 West of the grove wood,
Springfield road B4530, the road Clifford to toll bridge hazard bollards have been removed, Suggestion to be requested, triangle warning signs for bends,
7) Update for PROW- Await new PROW officer, one item to report, concern on drop from hedge cl number to be investigated
8) Phillip Price – Apologies
9) Update on Open Spaces – as per previous minutes,13 plots to be registered, submission for commons to be registered still with the county agent. Reference parking site on the Chapel Common notice will be placed on all the notice boards. Clifford Show has offered to purchase Nets for Goal posts, new posts are needed, and the ones previously purchased are too chunky
Note: Good news, use of the common play area has been far more than expected with many ages taking advantage all positive comments.
10) Neighbourhood Plan – sub-committee formed Margret, Martin, Antony Richard, David and Candia. Public Meeting to be arranged with speaker Linda Wilcox once we have her availability notice to be placed in October link to achieve this, notify editor before 17th September
Planning Applications – Reviewed –
Meeting closed @ 8.54pm
Next meeting Thursday November 8thh 2012 7.30pm