Minutes of the Meeting of Clifford Parish Council
In Clifford Community Centre at 7.30pm on Thursday Sept 11th 2008
Present: Anthony Williams (Chairman) Christine Bates (Clerk)
David Morgan (Vice Chairman) Margaret Davies
William Bullough Thomas Davies James Towersey Martin Preece
Gill Grove Richard Mighall OSO
1. Apologies for absence: Bill Wood PRWO, Candia Compton
2. Declarations of Interest – None
3. Minutes of the Parish Council Meetings dated Thursday July 10th 2008. All agreed to be a true record of the minutes. Signed by Chairman.
4. Finance: – Council approved payment for
Parish Plan Fees Postage Cost
Hall Fees – Deferred until next meeting
5. Clifford Community Safety Evening – Overview of the meeting by the Clerk, Smartwater kits available from Peterchurch Police Station. The kit offers a water based unique marking system which the Police are able to identify. Fire officer reminded Parishioners to think about escape routes should a fire start at home, discuss routes with all members of the family. The Fire service will fit fire alarms free of charge.
6. PROW Report: Bill Wood – On behalf of Bill, Richard reported map of Clifford Parish highlighting the public footpaths £70, maps produced by Hereford Council, Councillors agreed for Richard to investigate and arrange purchase of two maps. One copy for PROW officer and other to be held by clerk.
7. Richard Mighall OSO
Thirteen parts of common land can now be registered with Hereford Council, to be applied by application, which Richard awaits receipt and will process.
Wall Covert – Reference changes in common land – Richard read the letter received from Mr Anderson (see attached). Councillors discussed next steps after receiving letter, which acknowledges that Mr Anderson has made the changes to the common land knowingly. Council, some years ago gave tacit approval for the trees, previously planted without permission, to remain where they were, on the understanding that they were planted on Common Land. However the hard standing drive will need to be returned to former state, as requested by Herefordshire Council. Mr Anderson to be advised accordingly. Clerk to investigate original access to field, acquired from The Ton Farm by Mr Anderson which borders the Ton Pitch. Locksters Lane and the road to Priory Wood, as an unapproved new access has been reported.
Common mowing – Due to the heavy rainfall mowing has been delayed, will be done weather and time permitting
8. Highways – Broadmeadow road to be added to Defect Report
9. Planning Applications – Windle Park Investigations by Hereford planning
Storage Building – Previous Owners had been given planning permission
Touring Caravan – Needs to be moved within the farm residential grounds.
Caravan being Occupied by farmworkers, Owner has been given four months to move caravan within the farm residential grounds
Member of Public – Mr Hughes Retrospective Planning Of Well Cottage, Planning at this time is with Hereford Council for decision, Summary of his comments, He would not build at Well cottage without prior planning permission being given.
Meeting of Clifford Parish Council
In Clifford Community Centre at 7.30pm Thursday September 11th 2008 Closed at 8.20pm.
Next Meeting November 13th 2008