Minutes of the Meeting of Clifford Parish Council
In Clifford Community Centre at 7.30pm on November 9th 2006
Present: Cherry Phillips (Chairman) Christine Bates (Clerk)
Margaret Davies (Vice Chairman) Graham Pritchard
Anthony Williams Nigel Davies (County Councillor)
Mary Morgan Richard Mighall (PROW)
1. Apologies for absence:
Mark Westwood, David Morgan, Stan Charity
2. Chairman Opened Meeting – Speaker Maggie Sims – Chairman of Bronllys League of Friends. Subject: –
Proposal By Powys Local Health Board To seriously reduce the services provided at Bronllys Hospital. How this would affect Clifford Parishioners.
Councillors agreed that Parish Clerk would write brief summary (please find attached), which would be submitted, to the editor of the local “Link” for December issue.
3. Declarations of Interest – Candia Compton – Priory Wood Common
Mary Morgan and Cherry Phillips – Land National Grid
4. Minutes of the Parish Council Meetings dated Thursday 14th September 2006 were agreed and signed by the Chairman.
5. Finance: –
a) Clifford Community Centre Hire – Invoice received for the hire of Clifford Community Centre November 9th 2006 £10.00. Payment proposed by Councillor Cherry Phillips and seconded by Mary Morgan
b) Trimming Priory Wood Common – Invoice received for the Trimming of Priory Wood Common £58.75. Payment proposed by Chairman Cherry Phillips and seconded by Councillor Anthony Williams.
c) Ian Howard Associates. – Payment of £117.50 in respect of Parish Map encapsulated in film proposed by Chairman Cherry Phillips and seconded by Councillor Anthony Williams.
d) CICLA Registration – Payment £70.00 Registration fee. Payment proposed by Councillor Cherry Phillips and seconded by Mary Morgan.
6. May 2007 Clifford Parish Council Elections – Chairman requested Parish clerk respond with details of dates and requirements for May elections.
7. Precept 2007/2008 – March 2005-2006 accounts and accounts for 2006-2007 first six months were discussed and Councilors agreed that Precept for 2007/2008 would be requested at £5500 this would be an increase of 17%.
8. National Grid – Work has commenced on the area designated for National Grid storage of pipes, several concerns had been submitted to Parish clerk, National Grid has been informed. In response National Grid visited relevant parishioners. Councilors agreed that over the next few months National Grid activities could cause more concern for some parishioners and Parish clerk would monitor.
9. Parish plan Update – November meeting had been postponed. New date January 8th 2007
a) Priory Common – No Change Awaiting response from Ann Davies
b) Registration of Priory Wood Village Green – No Change Awaiting response from County Land Agent (CofHDC).
c) Adoption of Bake Lane as Public Bridleway – No change Awaiting response from Definitive Map Modification Officer (CofHDC).
9.Planning Applications –
Site: Clifford Castle DCSW2006/3452/F
Description: Rebuilding of two porches to North East and South East elevations
Comments: Recommend No objection
Site: Castlefield Inn DCSW2006/3483/F
Description: Change of Use form Public House to Residential
Comments: Recommend no objection but concerns and regrets that this would leave Clifford Parish without a Public House.
Meeting of Clifford Parish Council
In Clifford Community Centre at 7.30pm Thursday November 9th 2006 closed at 9.30pm.
Next Meeting 11th January 2007