Minutes of the Meeting of Clifford Parish Council
In Clifford Community Centre at 7.30pm on July 13th 2006
Present: Cherry Phillips (Chairman) Christine Bates (Clerk)
Margaret Davies (Vice Chairman) Candia Compton
Anthony Williams Nigel Davies (County Councillor)
David Morgan Mary Morgan
Richard Mighall (PROW)
1. Apologies for absence:
Graham Pritchard Mark Westwood and Stan Charity
2. Declarations of Interest – Candia Compton registered interest in the mowing of Common.
3. Minutes of the Parish Council Meetings dated Thursday 18th May 2006 were agreed and signed by the Chairman.
4. Finance: –
a) Clifford Community Centre Hire – Invoice received for the hire of Clifford Community Centre March 9th 2006 £10.00. Payment proposed by Councillor David Morgan and seconded by Margaret Davies.
5. Parish Plan – Meeting held June 28th chairman presented (from Linda Wilcox notes) the initial response from parishioners and local children on what they did or didn’t want for Clifford. Lists of names of people wishing to be on the Parish Plan Steering Committee were read out and David Penrose volunteered to be the coordinator with Paul Rvmph as assistant. It was agreed that Parish Clerk would place a note in the Link to invite everyone to the Parish Plan Meeting 7th September 2006 7.30pm.
6. Clifford Sign – Candia Compton reported that thieves had taken the sign “Clifford” which was situated as you enter Clifford from the Toll bridge. This was the second time the sign had been taken. It was agreed that the Parish Clerk would report to Hereford Council requesting a replacement and possibly mark the sign with postcode to make it less attractive to thieves.
7. Priory Wood Common mowing – It was agreed that Cherry and Candia would arrange with previous contacts for the mowing to be completed. Part Cost for mowing would follow.
a) Priory Common – Richard Mighall advised that the original conveyancing document transferring Priory Common from Whitney Court Estate to Clifford Parish Council had been located and forwarded to the Land Registry. The Registry has now recorded the change of ownership but has advised that the public road passing through the Common together with the verge on the its Northern side continue to be registered as belonging to Whitney Court Estate since these two features were not identified as being part of the transfer on the map attached to the conveyancing document. If the features were to be transferred then they would need to be the subject of a new conveyancing document. Richard Mighall would continue to progress the issue through Ann Davies (Solicitors). The Chairman thanked Richard for his continued efforts to resolve this issue.
b) Registration of Priory Wood Village Green – Awaiting response from County Land Agent (CofHDC).
c) Adoption of Bake Lane as Public Bridleway – Awaiting response from Definitive Map Modification Officer (CofHDC).
9.Planning Applications –
Site: The Barn DCSW2006/1738/F
Description: Conversion of existing barn into dwelling
Comments: Recommend No objection
The County of Herefordshire District Council – Planning Permission has been Granted
Site:Wyeside Clifford DCWS2006/1964/F
Description: Conversion of barn to residential annex
Comments: Recommend No Objection
The County of Herefordshire District Council – Planning Permission has been refused.
Meeting of Clifford Parish Council
In Clifford Community Centre at 7.30pm Thursday July 13th 2006
Closed at 8.30pm.
Next Meeting 14th September 2006
Communication Update since Clifford Parish Meeting of 13th July 2006
Common mowing has been completed
Middlewood Traffic – Hereford Council has approved and installed safe passing places in Middlewood.
Clifford Sign – Hereford Council has approved replacement sign for Clifford and will use anti vandal fixings.
Fly tipping has been reported on the Hardwicke Road, Hereford Council have been contacted.
Noise complaint received on the weekend Music Festival “A Rum Do Summer Weekender” held in the Baskerville Hall, Parish clerk received call early Saturday morning, contact was made with Police, festival organisers and Environmental health, later reported in the Hereford times.
Reference Richards observations, Contacted Hereford times to inform then of the correct name of the Parish Clerk for Clifford. They will amend records.