Minutes of the Meeting of Clifford Parish Council
In Clifford Community Centre at 7.30pm on Thursday January 8th 2009
Present: Christine Bates (Clerk)
David Morgan (Vice Chairman) Margaret Davies
William Bullough Martin Preece
Gill Grove Thomas Davies
Richard Mighall OSO
1. Apologies for absence: Anthony Williams,(Chairman), James Towersley
Bill Wood PRWO
2. Declarations of Interest – None
3. Minutes of the Parish Council Meetings dated Thursday November 13th 2008. All agreed to be a true record of the minutes. Signed by Vice Chairman.
4. Finance: – Council approved payment for
Lenghtsman – Mr M Leighton
Web site domain – D Prescott
5. Bake Lane – Council agreed to support the initial investigations for Bake Lane along with a Right of Way granted by Penoyre Trust to be developed for the Clifford School Children as a “ walk to school route”.
Clerk to respond by letter, with note:- historically Bake Lane has been used as a Bridle path and any changes should result in the lane being suitable for Riders, walkers, cycle track, but not access for four wheel drive vehicles. As at present Bake lane status is “no mans land”, Parish Council has been waiting three years for Hereford Council to review status, which if successful will register Bake Lane as a Bridle path, Richard will escalate issue by letter to Hereford Council.
Golden Valley Environmental Group and Clifford School would receive copy of letter.
6. Website Manager Dave Prescott has offered his resignation –Website position to be advertised in the link by Dave. Note to chairman first, Councillors Suggestion was that chairman Anthony Wiliams may like to take this role.
7. PROW Report: Map of Clifford Parish highlighting the public footpaths produced by Hereford Council, Councillors agreed that a copy should be purchased for the community centre, clerk to obtain quote to encapsulate maps also investigate the cost of mounting map at the community centre. Richard discussed lack of Public Footpath Styles which have access for dogs.
8. Richard Mighall OSO
Thirteen parts of common land can now be registered with Hereford Council, to be applied by application, which Richard awaits receipt and will process.
Wall Covert – Council received letter from Mr Anderson, informing Council he had passed the matter over to his advisors, Council awaits comments from advisors..
9. Highways – Garlands Anthony provided photo’s showing a shed has been on the site previously
Orchard Gardens – David Morgan investigation building has upstairs windows, ladders to second floor.
Planning Applications –
Complaint re: Mr G Williams who has been Dumping rubbish in his field near “Woodvale” Council received a request to contact Mr G Williams who has recently moved from the Parish, to clear this rubbish. Parish Councillors believe that this is not in their authority and should any Parishioners have concerns to please speak direct to Mr G Williams.
Meeting of Clifford Parish Council
In Clifford Community Centre at 7.30pm Thursday January 8th 2009 Closed at 8.20pm.
Next Meeting March 12th 2009