Minutes of the Meeting of Clifford Parish Council held in Clifford Community Centre on Thursday 14th November 2013 7.30 p.m.
Candia Compton (Chairman)
Margaret Davies Christine Bates (clerk)
Billie Jones Phillip Price County Councillor
Richard Mighall (Commons Officer) David Morgan
Karen Dowell Anthony Williams
Martin Preece (Vice Chairman) Will Bullough
John Neville (PFO)
1) Apologies, Billie Jones,
2) Declaration of Interests – None
3) Walkers Cottage – Tim Collett and Veronica Avon, New Owners of walkers Cottage are proposing – live a self-sufficient lifestyle, they are looking to do several business to make a living, Walkers Cottage was previously a business, cut flowers, with occasional camping, they are in the process of submitting a planning application for use of field for camping 60 days a year summer months, when not in use the field will be used for pasture for sheep and bee hives, also gallery for Veronica’s art, selling her cards and prints. Planning application to show previous business intentions to have max tents 18, 15 pitches and three bell tents. 6 acres, 2.5 for camping only. Support from both neighbours. No caravans. Retrospect planning for compost toilet, with a view of a second compost toilet.
4) Approval of Minutes of the Council meeting dated September 12th 2013
a. All agreed to be a true record of the meeting and signed by the Chairman.
5) Casual Vacancy – Tom Wilkinson, Hugh Peachey, Simon Forrester
6) Finance: Council approved payment of:
a) Martin Leighton Lengths man Clerk to place in Link- New Co-ordinator Lenghtsman scheme .
b) Open Spaces RM
7) Reporting Information
a. Clerk to purchase a sign for Priory Lane saying “unsuitable for HGV” .
b. Speed Restriction request for Westbrook is progressing.
8) PFO Update: John pleased to report all paths have been cleared; cl88 is clear including cl85 Newton farm . Problems still remain at lockster pool new route has been settled but no way marking to added as the diversion not confirmed. John experiencing problems on reporting problems at the moment with Balfour Beatty transition.
9) Update County Councillor- November ward report as attached, On September 1st 2013 Balfour Beatty commenced delivery of the service partnership with Herefordshire Council, slight start up difficulty Amey did not release data till after go live date. Recommend council re register all outstanding issues. Balfour concentrate on Inductions first week, focus is on localised working a team for each area in Herefordshire Lengthsman scheme will continue and they will be proactive with training. Investment 20 million c and unclassified roads. Phillip Price encourages the need to build good relationships with the Balfour team.
10) Update Commons Officer:- New Benches still await fixing Richard to Speak to Nick Wilson. Repair Benching, Seats, and quote for car park.
Note reference Gate on Bridleways :-
To place a gate on Bridleway you need planning permission, submitting plans, with reason, position and material. Easy access for horse riders, cyclist, and pedestrians.
11) Neighbourhood Plan: Invites have been sent December 9th.
12) Consider Planning Applications
Toll Bridge – Planning
Llanerch y Coed: Planning committee will notify clerk of date of meeting , member of the Parish Council will have three minutes to speak. Comments as per objections from site visit Will Bullough Please speak to Mr Mike Cook The Old Wood Cottage on the common.
Meeting ends 21.36 Next meeting to be held on January 9th Clifford Community Centre. Meeting 7.30pm