Minutes of the Meeting of Clifford Parish Council held in Clifford Community Centre on Thursday 13th March 2014 7.30 p.m.
Christine Bates (clerk) David Morgan (Acting Chairman)
Billie Jones Phillip Price County Councillor
Anthony Williams David Bennett
John Neville (PFO) Karen Dowell
1) Apologies, Candia Compton (Chairman) Martin Preece (Vice Chairman) Margaret Davies Richard Mighall (Commons Officer) Will Bullough
2) Declaration of Interests – None
a. Approval of Minutes of the Council meeting dated January 9th 2014 All agreed to be a true record of the meeting and signed by the acting Chairman.
3) Casual Vacancy – co-opted onto Council David Bennett, Members of Clifford council Welcome David Bennett.
4) Member of public complained at loss of mobile phone signal on Orange network. This is out of Council jurisdiction but advise that this is due to Orange & EE being rationalised, the preferred signal is 02 and Vodaphone for Herefordshire.
5) Finance: Council approved payment of:
a) Martin Leighton Lengthsman.
b) BCW Road sign
6) Reporting Information
Highways: Council agree to add scalping’s and drain at Hardwicke Turn,
Clerk to Report that priory road surface is breaking away.
Also Westbrook road surface and near Hardwicke Church.
7) PFO Update: Not so much activity during wet weather, but some stiles cleared. Jonathan Roger has investigated problem areas in some of my recent reports particularly Castleton and Windle Park. He has contacted landowners about various issues and I know of one landowner who has had a new stile delivered for installation.
I have visited Mrs Elizabeth Haycox regarding problems with the Wye Valley Walk passing through her land (formerly Summerhill golf course). Apparently walkers wander off the path and she wants the path better defined. This will involve repositioning some of the waymark posts back to their original position so I have made contact with WVW association regarding this.
8) Update County Councillor- Ward Report – the collection of Black Bins and Green waste recycle being on alternative weeks. Bus timetable Consultation at present as detailed in Phillip Price’s monthly report
9) Update Commons Officer:- Apologies from Richard
10) Neighbourhood Plan: Invites to be sent for April meeting.
11) Consider Planning Applications
Meeting ended 20.24
Next meeting to be held on Thursday May 8th at Clifford Community Centre. Meeting Starts 7.30pm