Minutes of the Meeting of Clifford Parish Council held in Clifford Community Centre on Thursday 12th May 2016 7.30 p.m.
Christine Bates (Clerk) Martin Preece (Chairman)
David Bennett (Vice Chairman) Phillip Price County Councillor
Richard Mighall (Commons Officer) David Morgan
Matthew Lloyd Will Bullough
Margaret Davies Billie Jones
1) Apologies, Candia Compton, John Neville (PRO)
2) Declaration of Interests – None
3) Approval of Minutes of the Council dated March 10th 2016 all agreed to be a true record of the meeting and signed by the Chairman.
4) Casual vacancy- Councillors to approach parishioners.
5) Finance: Council approved payment of:
a. Martin Leighton – Lengths man
b. HALC Affiliation Fee
c. HRD Council – Election Costs
d. Hey Ho Bus 39A (Deferred for this year)
6) Reporting information Highways – Martin Preece has spoken to Tom reference cars parked on the Ton Pitch and assured cars will no longer be parked on verge. Slate House still awaiting 40 mile speed sign and culvert to be repaired, Middlewood Pot holes. Report Middlewood bridge top knocked off causing damage to bridge
7) PRO Update – John Neville
A big thank you to Dave for his superb work on installing gates, stiles, waymark posts, steps, clearing bridleways and paths. He has cleared a huge backlog of problems which have been outstanding for years. I will keep walking the paths and produce a list of new problems as they arise.
On the subject of the Locksters Pool bridleway CL70 I feel, although not ideal as it takes the route of the Wye Valley Walk away from the river, the proposed route is a good compromise. It is also not ideal for the Herefordshire Way as it will involve a dog leg and a bit of road walk to regain the route. However, the feeling from me and Philip Bauer of the Herefordshire Ramblers Group is that this long standing problem needs sorting out once and for all.
8 Update Commons Officer: Chapel Common Way leave Western Power Distribution has confirmed that the 2 electricity poles on Chapel Common may qualify for Way leave payment. Of the various remuneration schemes available, the Council preferred the one providing an on-going annual payment. Accordingly, an application for Way leave would be submitted on this basis. Arrears of payment for the previous 6 years would also be sought.
Chapel Common Car Park A quote for undertaking the work was still awaited.
Priory Wood Common The Herefordshire Council Notices on Parish Notice Boards calling for comment on the Parish Council’s proposal to formalise the registration of the unregistered plots of land comprising Priory Wood Common had now been displayed for more than the mandatory 6 weeks. They should now be taken down. As no comments had been received from the public, Herefordshire Council’s would now seek the views of its legal advisers. This might take some time.
Bake Lane It was agreed that the recently acquired gates should now be erected at either end of Bake Lane.
9) County Councillor :Please see attached report
10) Consider Planning Applications planning application
Meeting closed 20:56 Next meeting to be held on Thursday July 14th 2016 at Clifford Community Centre. MTG Meeting Starts 7.30pm