Minutes of the Meeting of Clifford Parish Council held in Clifford Community Centre on Thursday May 10th 2012 7.30 p.m.
Christine Bates (Clerk) Candia Compton
Bill Wood (Chairman PROW officer) Martin Preece
Phillip Price (County Councillor) Margaret Davies
David Morgan Anthony Williams
1)Apologies: David Penrose Richard Mighall
2)Declaration of Interests – None
Meeting Closed – Agenda item 7 Llanerch-y-coed
Issue – dispute as to right of way across Llanarch-y-coed courtyard
Councillors listened to both parties, Mr Paul Smolas present owner, who had researched records prior to purchase, and since all maps show the rights of way on the boundary of the property, not across the courtyard.
Previous minutes of The Clifford Parish Council dated 6th November 1996 recorded “People had been stopped from passing across courtyard as no right of way”
One of the Previous owners and some long standing parishioners of little mountain who believe due to a chapel being in the grounds many years previous there is a right of access. A Document was read out (see attached)
Clifford Councillors advised that the dispute is a solicitor issue not a Council Matter. County Councillor Phillip Price advised whatever the outcome of the solicitors investigation Parishioners To accept Solicitor decision.
Council Meeting Re-opened
3) Approval of Minutes of the Council meeting dated March 8th 2012
All agreed to be a true record of the meeting and signed by the Chairman
4. Casual Vacancy Clifford Parish Council Mrs Jones had shown interest in this position, councillors agreed clerk to arrange meeting.
5) Finance Council approved payment of:
Renewal of Insurance,HALC Membership,Martin Leighton – Lengthsman
Community project Benches
6). Reporting Information:-
a) Report of overflowing culvert, clerk to follow up
b) School lights – School had reduced timings and as the nights were drawing out this item to be reviewed in the winter months.
8) Phillip Price – Golden Valley Pilot need to notify interest.
9) Update on Open Spaces – 13 plots to be registered, submission for commons to be registered. Defra rejected proposal as did not accept Council was at fault. George Thompson to appeal.
a) Commons ”Awards For All” Commons Grant –
Quote to provide car park mats area decision referred to meeting in July
10) Standpipe request Hereford Council- letter received to request standpipe facilities at the Community Centre, Clerk to contact school
11) Planning Applications – Reviewed
12) Dates Meeting 2012 /13 : -July 12th September 13th November 8th January 10th March 8th May 9th 2013
Meeting closed @ 8.47pm
Next meeting Thursday July 12th 2012 7.30pm