Minutes of the Meeting of Clifford Parish Council held in Clifford Community Centre on Thursday 9th May 2013 7.30 p.m.
Candia Compton (Chairman)
Margaret Davies Christine Bates (clerk)
David Morgan Martin Preece (Vice Chairman)
Anthony Williams Will Bullough
John Neville (PFO)
1) Apologies: Billie Jones, David Penrose Retrospect from Richard Mighall (Commons Officer)
2) Declaration of Interests – None
3) Approval of Minutes of the Council meeting dated March 14th 2013
All agreed to be a true record of the meeting and signed by the Chairman
4) Finance: Council approved payment of:
, Martin Leighton – Lengthsman
5) Reporting Information: Llanfair House has moved the Road Drain –Clerk to Report to Highways to confirm if lawful
Report of Pothole by manhole cover between Glanwye industrial estate and Glanwye House. Grid Reference 234 433.
Pen-y-parc approaching of the Railway Bridge and on the rise of the hill
Pont Vaen Ref: 235 438
School Turn Ref: 268 445
Junction Church Road/Ton Pitch Ref: 256 451
Westbrook Manor Ref: 282 437
The Priory Farm Ref: 252 445
Middlewood Ref:292 454 and towards to Middlewood House
Church Road Ref: 253 451 (already mentioned) school bus
Newton Ref: 292 439
Newton Ref: 288 438
Ton Pitch by the well Ref: 247 459
All Locksters lane particularly from Clifford’s Place Ref: 258 463
The Farm Ref: 264 457
Road sign Hardwicke turn needs turning plus Clifford community signs are pointing in wrong direction, John Neville to request Martin Leighton to repair. Bend Sign T Junction sign missing in Clifford grid reference 247 460 and bends warning triangle sign between sheepcote drive and Springfield grid ref 253 467.
6) PFO Update:
John Neville reported he continues to walk footpaths inspecting and clearing stiles where possible, placing waymarks. He has also attended a training session with PROW officer. After inspection of stile from the B4352 the new stile had rounded footplate not safe or suitable, also two adjoining stiles with broken planks. Land owner was provided with New Stiles and has replaced unsuitable stile and replaced planks . Windle park footpath fallen tree blocking path, tree has now been removed. Other issues with Windle park which will need further investigation including re-route of footpath. Sheepcote farm which has several issues with unsuitable fence. Llanerchycoed woodland approach stile and gate tree branch across right of way. Landowner housebound John to request Martin Leighton to clear.
7) Update County Councillor- Not present
8) Update Commons Officer:- Apologies
9) Neighbourhood Plan: Charlie Hicks interested in joining committee clerk to attaché and circulate Copy of presentation – Neighbourhood Planning from Samantha Banks
10) Consider Planning Applications – Castlefields No Objections
Llanerchycoed – Candia Compton attended the Planning committee meeting, The planning was refused due to road access and with wedding visitors unable to control volume of people. On the day several councillors’ showed support for barn conversions to self- catering accommodation and venue for corporate training events, but the road access was not suitable for the numbers involved in this application. Llanerchycoed Owners remark project not viable without the GE0Domes.
John Neville reported 29 people of objector’s party have requested meeting with owners before they submit new plans. One concern if a conference venue was agreed, anyone can place a wedding marquee up 25 times a year without any planning applications.
When owners produce new planning application, Councillors should try to avoid advising planning options as this could be seen as agreeing to the next proposal.
11) Dates of next Meetings 11th July 12th September 14th November 9th January 13th March 8th May
12) Meeting ends 20.20 Next meeting to be held on Thursday 11th July Clifford Community Centre. Meeting 7.30pm