Minutes 8th September 2016

Minutes of the Meeting of Clifford Parish Council held in Clifford Community Centre on Thursday 8th September 2016 7.30 p.m.

Christine Bates (clerk) David Bennett (Vice Chairman)
Phillip Price County Councillor David Jones
Margaret Davies Billie Jones
Matthew Lloyd Candia Compton
Will Bullough John Neville (PRO)
Richard Mighall (Commons Officer)

1) Apologies, David Morgan Martin Preece (Chairman)

2) Declaration of Interests – None

3) Approval of Minutes of the Council Meeting dated July 14th 2016 all agreed to be a true record of the meeting and signed by the Chairman.

4) Finance : Council approved payment for Donation – Clifford Community Centre

5) Reporting information Highways –. Request for “Warning signs for horses on the B4348 as have horses crossing the highway, the mix of horses and traffic is not working and there is issue on health and safety Clerk to discuss possibilities of warning signs horses crossing with Balfour B. Item 2. Bus shelter for children who wait for the school buses B4350 Clerk to speak with Balfour B. Missing Clifford sign B4530. Slate house 40mile per hour sign missing, pot hole in Green Lane back after hours of repair.

6) PRO Update – John Neville Reported Linzy has started communicating again. Met with Linzy at former golf course. A fence has been erected over the line of CL14. Linzy will ask the enforcement officer, Shane, to see her to discuss putting in a stile or gate. The position of it has to be fixed by GPS. The line of the WVW is incorrect in some places over the former golf course. Work on CL 60 at Windle Park has been completed – new staircase on either side of railway cutting, new gate and new plank bridge. He asked Linzy to complement the Balfour Beatty men. Martin Lindesay will install a drainage pipe next to a stile which is always wet and we will pay for the pipe. We have received the P3 grant of £2670 but will have to pay for materials out of this. John was asked to see Elizabeth Haycox about the fence problem. Dave and John will discuss at our meeting tomorrow. Billy Jones asked when the footbridge at Middlewood is going to be renewed. John to chase this up.

7) Update Commons Officer: Chapel Common Car Park. A quote for undertaking the work is still awaited. The Open Spaces representative asked that the contractor contact him before starting the work.Priory Wood Common. Herefordshire Council had confirmed that the Council had reviewed the submission of evidence for various parcels of land in Priory Wood to be registered as part of Priory Common and had submitted a report seeking formal registration. The report is going through the governance process and, pending no problems, a decision is due to made on the 12th September. The Parish Council confirmed its understanding that, if the report is approved, the ownership of the parcels of land comprising the common could be vested with the Parish Council. Bake Lane It was understood that the recently acquired gates for Bake Lane would be erected within the next 4 weeks. Alt Common. The “danger” sign recently erected by the quarry had been authorised by the County Land Agent following a request from one of the commoners. It replaced an earlier sign which, for whatever reason, taken down and discarded by the quarry.

8) Transparency Fund – Clerk to apply for grant to provide Clifford Council with laptop and website to comply with the Transparency act.

9) County Councillor: Awaiting report

10) Consider Planning Applications planning application

Meeting closed 21:15 Next meeting to be held on Thursday November10th 2016 at Clifford Community Centre. MTG Meeting Starts 7.30pm