Minutes 14th May 2009

Minutes of the Meeting of Clifford Parish Council held in Clifford Community Centre on Thursday 14th May at 7.30 p.m.

Present:
David Morgan (Chairman) Christine Bates (Clerk)
Anthony Williams Martin Preece
Margaret Davies Candia Compton
Gill Grove David Morgan
Bill Wood (PROW Officer) Tom Davies
Richard Mighall (OSO) Will Bullough

Apologies:

Declaration of Interests – None

James Towersey had tendered his resignation from Clifford Parish Council
Agreed to check the procedure with Christine and to place an advert in the Link with a closing date

Approval of Minutes of the Council meeting dated March 12th 2009 All agreed to be a true record of the meeting and signed by the Chairman

Finance
Council approved payment of:
Renewal of Insurance
HALC
Hay-Dial-a-ride
Martin Leighton Lengthsman

Reporting Information
Highways – Clifford Speed Limits
Highways
• Hardwicke/Westbrook section of the B4348
Agreed to ask Christine to write to Herefordshire Council passing on copies of the letters and stating the Parish Council support
Speeding in Clifford Village:
Agreed to ask parishioners to write a letter stating their concerns and send to Christine who would collate and forward to Herefordshire Council with a letter from the Parish Council in support of these concerns
Suggested calming measure: Red tarmac on the road
Flashing speed sign
30 mile an hour limit
Speed cameras
Ask Christine to write to Herefordshire Council again requesting that the missing 40mile an hour signs are replaced
Also suggesting that the 40mile sign near the Toll Bridge side of Clifford is moved closer to the village

Updat Note Commons:-

Footpath Map for Community Centre
Christine Bates had obtained a quote for a display board and cost of encapsulating the map. Council agreed that before committing to this to first ask Christine to:
• Gain permission from the Clifford Community Hall Committee to erect the map
• And to look into a cheaper option
Outcome to be discussed at next meeting

Website Upkeep
Ask Christine to liase with Philip Price as an interim measure. All agreed to place advert for a Webmaster in The Link

PROW Report
Bill Wood reported that he hopes to have walked all the footpaths in the parish within the next few months. He has checked the sign posting from the main roads and lanes and reported any problems. He discussed the difficulties of public footpath styles with access for dogs.

Update on Open Spaces
Bake Lane
Richard had written to the Director of Environment and Culture at Herefordshire Council questioning the amount of time it was taking to address our application, dated January 2006, for Bake Lane to be made into a public right of way. They have informed Richard that there are only two Definitive Map Modification Officers to investigate the applications and based on the figures given in it could take another two years. If we could find more documentary evidence, such as tithe maps, showing that Bake Lane has been a long accepted track, this may speed things up.
Anthony Williams will speak with local landowners to see if they have a tithe map.

Priory Wood Common
Last November Richard reports that he submitted an application to George Thomson, the County Land Agent, requesting that the recently rediscovered 13 plots comprising Priory Wood Common are formally registered as such by Herefordshire Council. Mr Thompson has on two occasions conducted preliminary on site investigations in the presence of Richard. Mr Thompson hopes to finalise this matter by September but in the meantime will keep Richard advised on developments.

Planning Applications

Meeting closed at 8.26p.m.

Next meeting AGM on Thursday 14th May @ 7.00 p.m.