Minutes of the Meeting of Clifford Parish Council held in Clifford Community Centre on Thursday 14th January 2016 7.30 p.m.
Christine Bates (clerk) David Bennett
Margaret Davies (Chairman) Phillip Price County Councillor
Richard Mighall (Commons Officer) David Morgan
Matthew Lloyd John Neville (PRO)
1) Apologies,Will Bullough, Martin Preece (Vice Chairman) Candia Compton
2) Declaration of Interests – None
3) Approval of Minutes of the Council dated November 12th 2015 all agreed to be a true record of the meeting and signed by the Chairman.
4) Casual vacancy of one Parish Councillor notice in link .
5) Finance: Council approved payment of:
a. Martin Leighton – Lengths man
6) Reporting information Highways – Slate house 40 mile repeater still flat. Culvert under the road brook house contact Martin & linzy. Middlewood potholes, issue due to culvert.
7) PRO Update – John Neville New Plank Bridge on CL 14 between Clifford Place and Sheepcote Farm. New steps and gate on CL24 at roadside adjacent to White House Farm. New metal kissing gate on CL58 near Faraway.I have walked with Linzy Outrim looking at problems on the CL 35 bridleway and in the Upper Broadmeadow Farm area.P3 works – a good start has been made by David Bennett who has cleared CL 35 so that it has been restored as a bridleway and now just requires a fingerpost on the Llan – Y – Coed road which has been ordered. I have put netting on a couple of plank bridges. I have spent a lot of time looking at problem stiles etc. and preparing an inventory of materials required and have sent an order to Linzy.
8) Update Commons Officer : Chapel Common Car Park Action is still in hand to find a reasonably priced contractor to undertake the work. However, because the ground is waterlogged,it would be imprudent to start work until Spring.
Access to Little Mountain Common through Llan-Y-Coed Farm Awaiting comment from Councillor Price re Minutes on the subject at November 2015 Meeting. Clifford Common On 14 January, a team from Herefordshire Wildlife Trust made significant inroads into clearing the the footpath adjacent to the railway line. It was agreed with Sue Holland, the senior Trust representative, that a meeting would be held with Trust and Parish representatives within the next 2 months to discuss how best to introduce a jointly managed maintenance programme for the Common. A notice calling for volunteers to support a Parish working party would be published in the Link magazine. High Speed Broadband BT intend to offer a high speed broadband facility for most of the residences in the Parish. To this end, a transmission cabinet will be installed within the next few months on the roadside verge near to Priory Wood Chapel. As this verge is Common Land owned by the Parish Council, a wayleave contribution was sought resulting in a one-off payment of £750 to the Parish Council.
9) County Councillor See Report
10) Consider Planning Applications planning application
Meeting closed 20:09 Next meeting to be held on Thursday March 14th 2016 at Clifford Community Centre. MTG Meeting Starts 7.30pm