Minutes of the Meeting of Clifford Parish Council held in Clifford Community Centre on Thursday 13th November 2014 7.30 p.m.
Christine Bates (clerk) Martin Preece (Chairman)
Phillip Price County Councillor David Morgan
Anthony Williams Richard Mighall (Commons Officer)
David Bennett Billie Jones (Vice Chairman)
Margaret Davies Will Bullough
1) Apologies, John Neville, Karen Dowell, Candia Compton
2) Declaration of Interests – None
3) Approval of Minutes of the Council dated September 11th 2014 all agreed to be a true record of the meeting and signed by the Chairman.
4) Finance: Council approved payment of:
a) Martin Leighton Lengthsman.
b) Richard Mighall
5) Reporting information Highways – Church Road culvert water collecting, also Westbrook Brook House culvert, Martin to investigate. Westbrook speed restriction when will this be in effect, clerk to chase.
6) PRO Update – John Neville – My only significant report is a visit to the former golf club where there are ongoing issues regarding the WVW and the fingerpost where path CL 14 leaves the road is pointing the wrong way. There is new electric fencing across the line of the path. I was supposed to be meeting Linzy Outrim today, but she has postponed until next week. I will be discussing this and other problems with her and will report next meeting. I have been out a lot since my last report and found numerous more minor problems which have all been reported to Hereford ROW.
7) Update County Councillor- Report to follow
8) Update Commons Officer : Authority of Clifford Parish Council’s Commons Officer. It was confirmed that Richard Mighall, as the nominated Commons Officer for the Council, was authorised by the Council to represent its interests on Parish Commons and Village Greens matters until further notice.
Little Mountain Common. The transfer of ownership of Little Mountain Common from Herefordshire Council to the Parish Council has been put on hold pending resolution by the County Land Agent of an issue relating to the Common.
Priory Wood Common. Following a visit to the County Land Agent on 3 November, action is now in hand by the Commons Officer, on behalf of the Parish Council, to resurrect Herefordshire Council’s previously unsuccessful application to the National Commons Registration Authority requesting the re-registration of the parcels of land comprising Priory Wood Common and, on receipt of approval, for the granting of ownership of these parcels to the Parish Council.
Chapel Common (part of PWC). The two benches purchased by Clifford Parish Council are now installed outside the Chapel. Work on the installation of a car parking area would begin once the ground had dried.
9) Neighbourhood Plan – Notice in December Link request volunteers.
.. Will Bullough to approach Whitney neighbourhood plan owners to see if they would be interested to lead.
14) Consider Planning Applications –
Meeting ended 20.15
Next meeting to be held on Thursday January 8th 2015 at Clifford Community Centre.
Meeting Starts 7.30pm