Minutes of the Meeting of Clifford Parish Council held in Clifford Community Centre on Thursday 10th September 2015 7.30 p.m.
Christine Bates (clerk) David Bennett
Margaret Davies (Chairman) Phillip Price County Councillor
Richard Mighall (Commons Officer) Candia Compton
Billie Jones David Morgan
John Neville (PRO)
1) Apologies, Martin Preece (Vice Chairman) Will Bullough
2) Declaration of Interests – None
3) Approval of Minutes of the Council dated July 10th 2015 all agreed to be a true record of the meeting and signed by the Chairman.
4) Casual vacancy of two Parish Councillor – Clerk to place notice in link.
5) Finance: Council approved payment of:
A) Martin Leighton – Lengths man
6) Reporting information Highways – Slate house 40 mile repeater still flat martin working on. 30 mile missing repeater. Following fatal accident on right hand bend Clifford to Whitney. County Councillor Phillip Price to investigate hazard signage.
7) PRO Update – John Neville CL 11 from Clifford to Priory Farm, several broken stiles and overgrowth- been reported.CL 14 From Clifford Road across former golf course towards Wye Valley Walk there is still an electric fence across the line of the path which I have reported. Richard Mighall and I went up to Little Mountain to look at the yard through Llan – y coed. Richard explained that after much research there is no right of way through their yard.
8) County Councillor See Report
9) Update Commons Officer : Chapel Common Car Park Action is still in hand to find a reasonably priced contractor to undertake the work. As reported at the July meeting, the Council should be prepared to consider self-help.
Chapel Postbox The Royal Mail Plant Collections Planning Manager in the Birmingham Mail Centre has confirmed by email that the Parish Council is authorised to “carry out any future works to repair the wall around the box [Priory Wood Chapel Box 95] to your own [i.e. Parish Council’s] liking”.
Castleton Cottage Post box. The Parish Council Secretary agreed to assume responsibility for progressing the reinstallation of the Castleton post box. Royal Mail contact information would be provided by the Parish Open Spaces representative.
Access to Little Mountain Common through Llan-Y-Coed Farm Research on the internet and at the Herefordshire County Archives, coupled with discussions with the County Footpaths Officer, had shown that there was no Public Right of Way (PROW) through Llan-Y-Coed Farm. It was understood, however, that a Modification Order had been submitted to Herefordshire Council by a Little Mountain Common resident for a PROW to be instated..
11) Consider Planning Applications planning application
Next meeting to be held on Thursday November 12th 2015 at Clifford Community Centre. MTG Meeting Starts 7.30pm