Minutes of the Meeting of Clifford Parish Council held in Clifford Community Centre on Thursday 10th March 2016 7.30 p.m.
Christine Bates (clerk) David Bennett
Margaret Davies (Chairman) Phillip Price County Councillor
Richard Mighall (Commons Officer) David Morgan
Martin Preece (Vice Chairman)
1) Apologies, Will Bullough, Candia Compton, John Neville (PRO) Billie Jones
2) Declaration of Interests – None
3) Approval of Minutes of the Council dated January 14th 2016 all agreed to be a true record of the meeting and signed by the Chairman.
4) Casual vacancy- Councillors to approach parishioners.
5) Finance: Council approved payment of:
a. Martin Leighton – Lengths man
b. HALC Affiliation Fee
c. HRD Council – Election Costs
d. Hey Ho Bus 39A (Deferred for this year)
6) Reporting information Highways – Martin Preece has spoken to Tom reference cars park on the Ton Pitch and assured cars will no longer be parked on verge. Slate House still awaiting 40 mile speed sign and culvert to be repaired, Middlewood Pot holes.
7) PRO Update – John Neville The hedge on the Wye Valley Walk through the snickett by the council houses on the upper Clifford Road has been severely cut back by someone so access is now greatly improved. Unfortunately the new plastic fingerpost sign has been chopped off so I have requested another which I will fix.
Dave has done a sterling job on installing stiles and a gate, numerous cross steps on stiles, installation of waymark posts and installing steps on banks.
We have been frustrated by having to wait a long time for materials to be sent and am still awaiting a second delivery, with time running out in which to complete the work. My biggest frustration has been an almost total lack of communication with Linzy who doesn’t respond to emails or telephone calls despite numerous attempts. I would like to emphasise to the Parish Council that if Hereford Council want the Parish Partnership Scheme to work then communicating with the PFO is vital. I realise that Linzy has a large workload, but this is something that needs to be addressed by Hereford Council and I would be happy for these comments to be passed on. My other point is that Balfour Beatty seem to be installing expensive metal kissing gates where they are unnecessary and not even wanted by the landowner. In my view a complete waste of ratepayer’s money.
I have met with Nick Kerner and he will have to quote for removing the door on the noticeboard, straightening it if he is able to and repainting. I will update you on this, but meantime perhaps you could obtain authority to obtain a quote. I will keep you posted on this
8) Queens Birthday commemorative medal Council agreed not to purchase.
9) Update Commons Officer : Chapel Common Car Park Mervyn Powell
has agreed to provide a quote for undertaking the work.
Chapel Common Notice Board The Parish Council agreed that the Chapel Common Notice Board would be better located by the proposed car park. The work would be undertaken at the same time as the car park was constructed.
Priory Wood Common Herefordshire Council Notices would be put up on Parish Notice Boards within the next two weeks calling for comment on the proposal to formalise the registration of the unregistered plots of land comprising Priory Wood Common. A copy of the Notice would be included in the April edition of ‘The Link’ and an explanatory map would be put on the Chapel Common Notice Board.
Bake Lane As Bake Lane did not have an owner, the Parish Council agreed to continue its long-standing commitment to manage the Lane for the public benefit. This would include the installation of gates at either end of the Lane. Looking to the future, the Parish Open Spaces representative confirmed that he would continue to seek formal agreement for the Lane to become the legal property of the Parish Council.
10) County Councillor See Report
11) Consider Planning Applications planning application
Meeting closed 21:49 Next meeting to be held on Thursday May 12th 2016 at Clifford Community Centre. MTG Meeting Starts 7.30pm